Find research sites & studies to collaborate with on Zika research
Are you a research scientist working in Zika infection? Or an institution looking for partners to run a study on Zika? This free facility helps put you in contact product development organisations, researchers and funding agencies across the world.Learn more
Get free training on research & trials skills to do better Zika virus research
The Training Centre brings together a wealth of training materials and resources from across The Global Health Network for all your research training and continued professional development needs. Free and open access.Learn more
INTERGROWTH-21st International Standards for Head Circumference
In response to the recent news about the Zika virus, we draw your attention to the International INTERGROWTH-21st Standards for Head Circumference of newborns.Learn more
Visit similar areas on The Global Health Network for more resources on emerging infectious diseases research:
- ISARIC: International Severe Acute Respiratory and Emerging Infection Consortium
- Zika Infection
- CONCISE: Consortium for the Standardization of Influenze Seroepidemiology
- ERGO: Epidemic diseases Research Group Oxford
- Global Epidemic Research
Early-bird registration for the 8th International Symposium on Filoviruses this coming September in Antwerp closes on 1st August. Read more
The aim of this website is to provide a platform for sharing and developing research priorities, protocols and data capture systems alongside the latest epidemiological and clinical management information about Zika infection. Also in Espanol and Portugues. Read more
Recent Scientific Publications
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report (MMWR)
- Cohen et al: SUPPLEMENTS: Travel and Border Health Measures to Prevent the International Spread of Ebola
- Rouse et al: SUPPLEMENTS: Safe and Effective Deployment of Personnel to Support the Ebola Response — West Africa
- Dahl et al: SUPPLEMENTS: CDC’s Response to the 2014–2016 Ebola Epidemic — Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone
- Van Beneden et al: SUPPLEMENTS: Early Identification and Prevention of the Spread of Ebola — United States
- Bell et al: SUPPLEMENTS: Overview, Control Strategies, and Lessons Learned in the CDC Response to the 2014–2016 Ebola Epidemic
- Brooks et al: SUPPLEMENTS: Incident Management Systems and Building Emergency Management Capacity during the 2014–2016 Ebola Epidemic — Liberia, Sierra Leone, and Guinea
- Widdowson et al: SUPPLEMENTS: Implementing an Ebola Vaccine Study — Sierra Leone
- Alpren et al: Notes from the Field: Ebola Virus Disease Cluster — Northern Sierra Leone, January 2016
- Goba et al: An Outbreak of Ebola Virus Disease in the Lassa Fever Zone
- McCarthy: Slow response contributed to scale of West African Ebola epidemic, CDC concludes
- Ahmad et al: Optimal control analysis of Ebola disease with control strategies of quarantine and vaccination
- Nisii et al: The contribution of the European high containment laboratories during the 2014-2015 Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) emergency
- Akuffo et al: Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever virus in livestock ticks and animal handler seroprevalence at an abattoir in Ghana
- Hodge et al: Antiviral effect of ranpirnase against Ebola virus
The Infectious Diseases Data Observatory (IDDO) supports clinical research data-sharing, with a section now dedicated to Ebola Virus Disease data. Read more
WHO released interim guidance for the clinical management and care of Ebola Virus Disease survivors. Read more
Some survivors of the disease are suffering eyes infections and complications including blindness, case reports suggest. Read more
UKCDS is building a database of all research related to Ebola (from basic and pre-clinical to clinical). Check their website to discover what projects are on-going and share information about your own study to support the efforts of the Ebola ... Read more
The videos are from Global Health Videos by Greg Martin. You can follow more videos from him at his YouTube channel. You can find out more about this specific series ...
National and Global Responsibilities for Health Preventable and treatable injuries and diseases are overwhelming sub-Saharan Africa, the Indian subcontinent and other impoverished areas of the world. Every year, 8 million ...
Prof Miles Carroll, Deputy Director, Head of Research, National Infection Service, Public Health England Talk presented at the University of Oxford, Tropical Medicine and Global Health Department, 15th April 2016 ...
Center for Strategic & International Studies Published on 18 Mar 2016 CSIS's Steve Morrison explains U.S. efforts to combat the Zika virus in the US and abroad.
Update: The WHO position on Developing Global Norms for Sharing Data and Results during Public Health Emergencies is now available. In a Bulletin of the World Health Organization Editorial Christopher ...